Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mexican Rice

I realized that some of my Mexican dishes I always say, "Serve with rice and beans." I thought that I should probably post a recipe for those. Today I am featuring my moms Spanish rice. This recipe is fast and easy.



Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup rice
1/3 cup oil
1 onion chopped
1 can stewed tomatoes (or you can use 1-2 fresh chopped ones)
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
3 chicken Bouillon cubes

Instructions:

Heat oil in frying pan. Add onion and rice to brown them.











Add stewed tomatoes, water, and spices. Stir it around.










Let simmer for 10 minutes and stir again. Then leave it alone for 20-30 minutes.

Serve it up with you meal and enjoy! You can pair it up with one of these recipes (1, 2, 3) or your own.
Mine didn't look quite like when my parents make it, but it
still tasted the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment