Saturday, March 29, 2014

Chicken Fried Rice

Michael and I have a really good Asian friend. We played basketball with him this semester and our team ended up winning the championship! We were so excited we decided to have a "Super Asian Basketball Champion Party" with our team. I volunteered to make some fried rice. Cheng, our Asian friend, approved of it, so I decided it was good enough to put up on the blog :)

This rice was super fast and easy to make. Mostly because I used leftovers (rice and chicken). I don't like when people say add this and that and boom, your meal is done. I hate to admit that when I made this, that is exactly what I did, but I tried my best to guesstimate with the measurements.


Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon oil
4 cups cooked white rice
3 eggs
1/2 chopped onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1 package of peas
1-2 cups chicken
salt to taste
soy sauce (optional)

Instructions:

If you don't have rice and chicken already, I would suggest cooking that first. 

Heat oil in a pan and add onion and garlic powder to it. 













When the onion is softened add peas and eggs to pan. Add some salt, too.













When you have scrambled the eggs, add the chicken and rice. 













Cook until everything is warm add salt to taste and serve with soy sauce. 













After eating this I was "chi-bo-la"... That's Mandarin for "I'm full." Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment