Friday, March 7, 2014

Enchilada Casserole

While I was growing up, it seemed like we were always having people over to eat with us. One time I remember my dad didn't want to roll up all the enchilada's so he decided to make it into a casserole instead, so that is how this meal came about. And trust me... it's fast and delicious!

I had some ground beef left over from making lasagna and decided to whip this together. In the ingredient section I listed what I used, but you can totally use whatever you want and it will be great!


Preparation time: 15 minutes*
Bake time: 40 minutes**

* I just had to take things out of the fridge, if you were starting from scratch it would probably take you longer.
** Since all my things were cold, I baked it longer. If all your ingredients were already warm, I would just put it in oven for 10-15 minutes.

Ingredients:

Ground Beef (minced beef)
Corn Tortillas
Enchilada Sauce*
Cheese
Olives

*If you don't have enchilada sauce, try using tomato soup and put your own spices in it. That is what I would do when we lived in Australia.

Instructions:

Put a little sauce in a pan










Layer with tortillas, ground beef, enchilada sauce, cheese and olives (3 or 4 layers).










Top with tortillas, sauce, and cheese. I stuck on some extra olives just for fun :)










Pop it in the oven at 350*F (180*C).

Enjoy :)











Super simple right? My husband and I are going to try chicken, with black beans, corn, and tomatoes next time. Let me know if you try any other creative ingredients that are tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment