Friday, July 11, 2014

Lemon Garlic Chicken

I've been trying out lots of different ways to BBQ here because 1) It's summer, 2) Because it's summer, I don't like to use my oven a whole lot, and 3) It's so good!!

I kind of threw this recipe together a few weeks ago and my husband loved it! He keeps asking me to make it again. So I thought I would share it with you. Sorry there aren't any pictures, but I didn't think to take them at the time I made this.

LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN

Ingredients:

Chicken (I used 5 big chicken breasts and cut them in half... I can't remember how many pounds)
3/4 cup oil
1 cup lemon juice
2 TBS minced garlic
1-2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and marinade overnight (I actually ended up marinading it for 2 nights)
When ready to cook the chicken, preheat grill for a few minutes on high.
Place chicken on the grill and turn heat down to medium (You might have to turn it down a little more depending on how hot your grill gets). Grill on both sides until done.
I am not an expert on grilling, so I use a thermometer to check the temp of the chicken inside. It took about 10 minutes on each side to get to the right temperature.

Serve with a salad and enjoy!

Casandra's helpful hints:

Like I said, I am not an expert grill-er. But these are things that I have noticed while I've been grilling.
The less times I turn the chicken, the more moist it is.
Using tongs, instead of a fork, to turn the chicken tends to keep the juices in more.
I like to take the chicken off the grill and let it sit for a few minutes (like steak). It seems to distribute the juices all over.


No comments:

Post a Comment