Saturday, February 22, 2014

Chocolate Ripple Cake

Sorry I haven't posted for a while! We have been pretty busy around here and I have neglected to post, but I have some good ideas for the near future :) The next dish is going to be Mexican! One of my favorites!

This recipe is so quick and easy. I first found out about it from the Steed family. Remember her Pavlova recipe? Anyway, I found out that it is on the package of Arnotts Choc Ripple Biscuits and I had to try it. Australian's call our cookies biscuits or Bikkie's.


Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 6 hours

Ingredients:


250 grams Arnott's Choc Ripple biscuits*
1 pint Whipping Cream (500 mL thickened cream)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla



*I haven't seen Arnott's Choc Ripple biscuits in the United States so I am trying to find a substitute. I was thinking Oreo's might do the job, but I will keep you updated when I find a good cookie. Or if you know of one, let me know!

Instructions:

Place cream, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl and beat using an electric beater until stiff
Even stiffer than this... mine was too runny


















Spread a little of the cream onto the base of a serving plate.










Spread one biscuit (cookie) with cream then sandwich with another. Continue to do so until you have formed a log.










My log was a little wider than I wanted it. I should have
 used a longer plate












Spread remaining cream over log to cover entirely. 










Cover loosely with foil and pace in refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours.

Take out of fridge and enjoy :)

I did what the packaged suggested and dusted it with cocoa. You can serve it with fresh berries and I have even had it with ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment