Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Easy Sausage Rolls

I was introduced to these little things in Australia. However, they do originate from England. It's the epitome of finger food and it is considered a take-away (fast food) item. I love them... a lot! I have been craving them since we have gotten home, so of course I had to make them. I cheated and made them really simply. I also found this recipe that sounds like a good sausage mix that I will have to try someday. So you can choose your level of baking with this one :) Oh and just so you know, if you do use the other recipe, they call mince what we call ground i.e. beef mince = ground beef


Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients: 

1 pound Sausage*
Frozen puff pastry

*I used the Jimmy Dean roll, but you can use whatever you want. I've used linked sausage before and it's even easier!

Instructions:

Thaw puff pastry (40 minutes or put it in fridge overnight).

Roll out and cut into three strips.

Arrange sausage in the puff pastry (It's easier if you arrange the sausage in the middle)
Sorry the lighting is bad in all these pictures....













Roll up.










Cut and place on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes at 350*F (or whatever directions your puff pastry recommends).










Serve with tomato sauce AKA Ketchup










Easy and tasty! If you want to have this for more of a meal rather than finger or party food, I would cut the puff pastry in half, arrange a bit more sausage in the middle, roll it, then cut in half again (so you would get 4 sausage rolls out of one puff pastry sheet). If you choose to eat it this way, it's more the way you would get it if you went to a cafe.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool blog idea!! And these do look easy and tasty

    ReplyDelete